As a West Cancer Center patient, you and your loved ones have the unique benefit of comprehensive and individualized support through your journey. We provide all newly diagnosed patients access to a personal Care Navigator that remains as a constant touchstone for you and your family.
Our team of Care Support Navigators work to identify potential healthcare barriers that may become obstacles for receiving treatment. Whether barriers are financial, transportation, or wellbeing, we will help you and your family tackle these hardships together to clear the path for healing.
Your Care Support Navigator will:
- Act as your single point of contact
- Assess your clinical, emotional, spiritual, psychological, financial, and other needs
- Assist you with paperwork needed to access healthcare system
- Educate you about appropriate new technologies
- Assist you in understanding your diagnosis, treatment options, and resources available
- Educate you about clinical research, if appropriate
- Direct you to available community resources and supportive services
- Follow you throughout your care continuum
- Provide you and your family with information about early detection services such as screening programs and genetic counseling